Published on Dec. 22, 2020
Egg snowmen are made of hard-boiled eggs (the whites), filled with the traditional “devil” egg yolks. They are easy to prepare, fun to make together with your (grand)children, inexpensive to make and they can be prepared a day up front, so no need to have cooking stress.
Preperation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 6 Medium eggs, 6 small eggs
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- paprika powder
- pretzel sticks
- green onions
- Boil the eggs until hard boiled (+- 8 minutes when the water is already boiling)
- Peel the eggs
- chop off the pointy side of the eggs and slice of a small section of the rounded side (to allow them to stand)
- Gently remove the yolk from the eggs and place in a small bowl
- Mash the yolks together with the chopped off egg whites, add the mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar.
- Stir everything until it is smooth, add salt, pepper and the paprika powder to your liking
- Add back the yolk mixture in the emptied eggs
- Press 3 pretzel sticks into the large egg. Then place the Small egg through pretzel sticks to sit on top of the Medium egg.
- Slice the thick end of the carrot into six rounds to use as the bottom of your hats.
- Slice the middle of the carrot into six chunks for the top of the hat.
- Drill holes in each piece of the carrots using a skewer. Place pretzel through snowman's head leaving just enough sticking out to top with the carrot pieces for the hat.
- Cut the small tip of the carrot into six small pieces to use as snowman noses, insert the nose.
- Drill 2 eye holes, 3 for the mouth, and three for the buttons. Press in each hole a peppercorn.
- Break some pretzel sticks in half and insert one half on each side to resemble arms.
- Split the green onion open. The Scrape blade along the stem.
- Trim with kitchen shears to make a scarf, and the band for the hat