The objective of balanced breeding is to raise strong laying hens that produce eggs of the highest quality. A strong poultry breeding program with a close eye on the needs of the future results in:
- Stronger, more robust and healthier laying hens
- Longer life for each laying hen
- Less frequent chicken flock substitutions
- More sustainable total egg production
- Higher profits for egg producers
- More 1st quality eggs for each hen housed
- improved animal health and welfare
We were the first animal breeding company in the industry to test for 100 weeks. Thanks to the extended production cycle and extensive field testing, the objective of reaching 500 eggs by 100 weeks is already a reality for egg producers all over the globe.
Explore the articles below to learn more about breeding, selection objectives, field trials and animal genetics.
Back to Technical support.